-   -   vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/243129-vlookup.html)

KarenABS

vlookup

Please help...
I have this pivot table:

Check Date 12/31/09

Hours Worked
DepartmentId EeoClass Sex Employee ID Total
200 1 M JONES001 40
300 1 M JOHNSON0001 40
500 1 F JEN001 40
M DOUBLA00001 40
GER001 40
LUK001 40
SMITH000001 40
2 F BOU001 40
Grand Total 320

EEOC is actually the column with 1 and 2 and the vlookup is:
Code Description
1 White
2 Black or African American
3 Hispanic or Latino
4 Asian
5 American Indian or an Alaskan Native
6 Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
7 Two or more races
I am having an issue using the vlookup with a pivot table. I have seen it
used in the past but not working for me.

Thanks so much to anyone that can help!

ryguy7272

vlookup

Right, right, well, you need to use the =getpivotdata() function. Take a
look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lax2x-marRU
If that doesn't get you going, search for a couple more 'getpivotdata'
videos. It take a bit to get your mind around it at first, but I know soon
you will be up to speed with these kinds of things!

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"KarenABS" wrote:

[...]

Sean Timmons

vlookup

when you do the VLOOKUP, are you clicking on the referenced cell? If so,
you'll notice the VLOOKUP( will have a whole PIVOTTABLE data set that looks
for the specific value. To avoid this, in yoru first set, just manually type
the value, so =VLOOKUP(B5, then hghlight your EEOC table ,2,0)

HTH!