-   -   text converts to scientific (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/243037-text-converts-scientific.html)

sally t

text converts to scientific

Help!! I desparately need to import data from HTML (not available in any
other format). It is a mix of number and text references but anything with
an E in the middle converts to scientific notation in Excel. Tried
everything! converting to text, importing as a CSV, trying obscure fomulae
on net suggested - nothing works. for instance want to import : 7211E50 and
it comes in as 7.21E+53 any suggestions gratefully accepted .. I am not a
VB person! A formula or method to convert to text that I can then record on
a macro would be fabulous if it is possible? Seems ok in Word but the
minute I bring it into Excel it goes to scientific again!

Teethless mama

text converts to scientific

Preformat cells as Text. Copy your data and paste special select Text