-   -   how to return data from a right hand side/and one cell down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242890-how-return-data-right-hand-side-one-cell-down.html)

JMALTO

how to return data from a right hand side/and one cell down

I am compering the content of a cell agains another group of cells and when
it finds a match, I need the formula to return data from a specific cell on
the right hand side and one or more cell daown from it.
This is what I have so far but final yet.

=IF(ISBLANK($C30),"",VLOOKUP($C30,Data!$A$1:$C$871 ,2,FALSE))

How can I do this.
Thanks,
--
When it commes to machinning, I am the BEST

Pete_UK

how to return data from a right hand side/and one cell down

What do you mean by "one or more cells down from it"? Is it one cell
down, or 2, 3 ??

You would be better using an INDEX/MATCH combination rather than
VLOOKUP, but I can't give you a sample formula until you can define
how many rows down from the matching cell you want the data returned
from.

Pete

On Sep 16, 10:25*pm, JMALTO wrote:
I am compering the content of a cell agains another group of cells and when
it finds a match, I need the formula to return data from a specific cell on
the right hand side and one or more cell daown from it.
This is what I have so far but final yet.

=IF(ISBLANK($C30),"",VLOOKUP($C30,Data!$A$1:$C$871 ,2,FALSE))

How can I do this.
Thanks,
--
When it commes to machinning, I am the BEST

Jacob Skaria

how to return data from a right hand side/and one cell down

'To return from 1 column to the right ColumnB and 2 row down
=IF(ISBLANK($C30),"",INDEX(Data!$B$1:$B$871,MATCH( $C30,Data!$A$1:$A$871,0)+2))

'To return from 2 column to the right ColumnB and 1 row down
=IF(ISBLANK($C30),"",=INDEX(Data!$C$1:$C$871,MATCH ($C30,Data!$A$1:$A$871,0)+1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"JMALTO" wrote:

I am compering the content of a cell agains another group of cells and when
it finds a match, I need the formula to return data from a specific cell on
the right hand side and one or more cell daown from it.
This is what I have so far but final yet.

=IF(ISBLANK($C30),"",VLOOKUP($C30,Data!$A$1:$C$871 ,2,FALSE))

How can I do this.
Thanks,
--
When it commes to machinning, I am the BEST

JMALTO

how to return data from a right hand side/and one cell down

I RECEIVED another example of someone else, suggesting to use the same
functions that you have suggested and it has worked.
I saw your work with others in the forum and I think you could have lead me
to a good result.
Thanks,
--

"Pete_UK" wrote:

[...]

Thanks Jacob, I made some adjustment to your sugetions but in principal your
suggestion works,