-   -   Copying selected contents in one cell to another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242616-copying-selected-contents-one-cell-another-cell.html)

The Needy

Copying selected contents in one cell to another cell

I've been given a list of names (first, middle, and last) in one column and
on another column, I need to put together the first and middle names only
without typing it out and using a function, but I don't know what function to
use. Please help me!!!!!!!!! I need to know ASAP!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IN
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

Per Jessen

Copying selected contents in one cell to another cell

Hi

With data in A1:C1 use this formula:

=A1 & " " & B1

Regards,
Per

"The Needy" <The skrev i meddelelsen
I've been given a list of names (first, middle, and last) in one column
and
on another column, I need to put together the first and middle names only
without typing it out and using a function, but I don't know what function
use. Please help me!!!!!!!!! I need to know ASAP!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IN
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

The Needy[_2_]

Copying selected contents in one cell to another cell

Sorry, I don't think that's it, Per.

Here is how it looks like:

Column A Column B

Smith John D (need only first and middle name)

Thank you!!!!!!!!

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

With data in A1:C1 use this formula:

=A1 & " " & B1

Regards,
Per

"The Needy" <The skrev i meddelelsen
I've been given a list of names (first, middle, and last) in one column
and
on another column, I need to put together the first and middle names only
without typing it out and using a function, but I don't know what function
use. Please help me!!!!!!!!! I need to know ASAP!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IN
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

Glenn

Copying selected contents in one cell to another cell

Try this:

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",99),
LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))-1),99))