-   -   Deleting Cell Information Automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242572-deleting-cell-information-automatically.html)

Brett

Deleting Cell Information Automatically

Is it possible to delete information in cells from a certain column by
changing the information in a Cell from a different column using a formula?
Or does it have to be via VB?

Eduardo

Deleting Cell Information Automatically

Hi,
do you have formula in the cells you want to delete the information ??, if
yes you can add something like this

=if(A1="Delete"0,"",your formula)

A1 is the cell you need to look for the results
="Delete", change it to fit your needs, it might be a number in the case of
a number don't enclose the number between ""

=if(A1=123,"",.................................... .....)

"Brett" wrote:

Is it possible to delete information in cells from a certain column by
changing the information in a Cell from a different column using a formula?
Or does it have to be via VB?

Brett

Deleting Cell Information Automatically

Hey thank you for your reply. I just realised that i did not phrase what i
wanted to say correctly and gave little information. I just realised that i
cannot enter a formula into the column that i want to delete because i want
to enter different values. I apologise that none of this really makes sense
but i cannot explain it throroughly enough to provide the information without
explaining my whole situation that i don't have enough time to do. However,
thank you very much for your reply and i may use that formula for another
part of my project.