-   -   Array-friendly functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242447-array-friendly-functions.html)

vsoler

Array-friendly functions

Hi,

I am developping some rather complex array formulas.

I've found out that, when composing them, some Excel functions are
array-friendly while others are not.

By array-friendly I understand a function that can be supplied with an
array and it returns an array.

For example, LOOKUP is array-friendly while VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP are
not. However, LOOKUP requires the lookup table to be sorted while the
other two don't.

Does anybody know where I could find a list of Excel functions that
are array-friendly? I am interested in common functions such as SUM,
SUMPRODUCT, COUNT, COUNTIF, SUMIF, INDEX, MATCH. In my models I prefer
to work with non volatile functions.

Thank you for your help

Vicente Soler

Bernd P

Array-friendly functions

Hello Vicente,

Why do you restrict yourself to worksheet functions? You can build
your own, for example:
http://sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html

Regards,
Bernd