-   -   Nesting workday and if (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/242385-nesting-workday-if.html)

Vegas Sara[_2_]

Nesting workday and if

I want to write the formula for if C1<"" add 5 workdays to L1. When I use
=WORKDAY(M2, 5) I get #Name? What am I doing wrong with this part of the
formula and would the if be nested inside workday or vice versa?

T. Valko

Nesting workday and if

I get #Name?

Look in Excel help on the WORKDAY function. It'll tell you what to do when
you get #NAME?.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vegas Sara" wrote in message
I want to write the formula for if C1<"" add 5 workdays to L1. When I use
=WORKDAY(M2, 5) I get #Name? What am I doing wrong with this part of the
formula and would the if be nested inside workday or vice versa?

Ron@Buy

Nesting workday and if

I think I understand what you want, try:
=IF(C1<"",L1+WORKDAY(M2,5),"")

"Vegas Sara" wrote:

I want to write the formula for if C1<"" add 5 workdays to L1. When I use
=WORKDAY(M2, 5) I get #Name? What am I doing wrong with this part of the
formula and would the if be nested inside workday or vice versa?

Mike H

Nesting workday and if

Hi,

had you looked in help you would have read this:-

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

Tools|Addins and check the analysis toolpak then try this formula

=IF(C1<"",WORKDAY(L1,5),"")

Mike

"Vegas Sara" wrote:

I want to write the formula for if C1<"" add 5 workdays to L1. When I use
=WORKDAY(M2, 5) I get #Name? What am I doing wrong with this part of the
formula and would the if be nested inside workday or vice versa?

Vegas Sara[_2_]

Nesting workday and if

Thank you everyone for your help!