Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Select Case ignored

What have I done wrong? My Select Case is being ignored in the below code.
It does not even look for what is type in cell AF2 on sheet Lunch and
Attendance. I can leave AF2 blank and it collect the information and places
it in the same row everytime.

Specifically it needs to: Collect information from Sheets(Lunch and
Attendance,
cells AD7 thru BH7) and place it in Sheets (Attendance1, cells H30 thru AL
30) if the current month in Sheets (Lunch and Attendance, cell AF4) is
August. If the month would be September then it will do the same except
collect and store the information in the rows below August and so fourth.

Sub EnterYearlyAttendanceRecord()
Select Case LCase(Range("'Lunch and Attendance'!AF2"))
Case "august" 'type month in lower case
Case "september"
Case "october"
Case Else
End Select

Sheets("Attendance1").Cells(30, "h").Resize(, 31).Value = _
Sheets("Lunch and Attendance").Cells(7, "ad").Resize(, 31).Value
Sheets("Attendance2").Cells(30, "h").Resize(, 31).Value = _
Sheets("Lunch and Attendance").Cells(8, "ad").Resize(, 31).Value
Mike Mast
Special Education Preschool Teacher