-   -   Enable hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/24206-enable-hyperlinks.html)

Thermometer

Enable hyperlinks

I have an Excel file with about 200 URLs that have been imported. They
show up as plain text. I can click on each one, choose "Hyperlink,"
and activate each one individually. Any way to do them all at once?

Ralph

patrick

Format one as a hyperlink. Click on your format painter in the toolbar and
paint the formatting over the rest. It should work.
Pat

"Thermometer" wrote:

I have an Excel file with about 200 URLs that have been imported. They
show up as plain text. I can click on each one, choose "Hyperlink,"
and activate each one individually. Any way to do them all at once?

Ralph

William

Hi

You may need to adjust the code to suit your needs....

Sub test()
Dim c As Range
With ActiveSheet
For Each c In Selection
If Left(c, 4) = "www." Then
c.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=c, Address:="http://" & c.Text
ElseIf Left(c, 7) = "http://" Then
c.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=c, Address:=c.Text
End If
Next c
End With

XL2003
Regards

William

"Thermometer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an Excel file with about 200 URLs that have been imported. They
show up as plain text. I can click on each one, choose "Hyperlink,"
and activate each one individually. Any way to do them all at once?

Ralph

Gary Brown

'/===============================/
Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'make hyperlinks out of selected cells if possible
Dim rngCell As Range
Dim varAnswer As Variant

On Error Resume Next

For Each rngCell In Selection
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=rngCell, _
Address:=rngCell.Value _
, TextToDisplay:=rngCell.Value
Next rngCell

End Sub