-   -   Character Encoding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241928-character-encoding.html)

Casi12

Character Encoding

I'm trying to review language lists in excel. The source uses character
encoding UTF-8 but apparently excel uses ISO8859-1. Therefore, I can't see
the correct characters for some of the languages. How do I change the set up
in excel to review characters under UTF-8?
Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Character Encoding

--Open the file from menuDataImport External DataImport Data
--From the 'Text Import Wizard 1 of 3' select 'File Origin' as Unicode (UTF-8)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria