-   -   have B column turn red on conditional formatting of E column: (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241906-have-b-column-turn-red-conditional-formatting-e-column.html)

jsharper

have B column turn red on conditional formatting of E column:

if column E is over 5000 it is set to turn red. I would like the invoice
number in B column to turn red on this same condition. Not able to figure it
out. Please help.

Max

have B column turn red on conditional formatting of E column:

Apply CF on col B using "Formula Is",
fix the point to col E using the $ sign,
something like this (with B2 active):
=$E25000

Any good? hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"jsharper" wrote:
if column E is over 5000 it is set to turn red. I would like the invoice
number in B column to turn red on this same condition. Not able to figure it
out. Please help.

Bill Kuunders

have B column turn red on conditional formatting of E column:

select part of column B
with for instance B2 as your top cell
use
"formula is" in stead of "cell value is" in the dropdown
=E25000
and set the format

--
Greetings from New Zealand