-   -   Averaging Times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241660-averaging-times.html)

David M

Averaging Times

I am wanting to try and average times, but I do not want to include the 0:00
in the formula for the average. Is there something that I can use to simply
exclude the 0:00 from the formula entirely, unless they are filled out? Here
is what I am talking about:

0:01
0:10
0:00
0:07
0:08
0:00
0:35
Average here (not totalling in the 0:00)

Thanks,

Averaging Times

"David M" wrote in message
I am wanting to try and average times, but I do not want to include the
0:00
in the formula for the average. Is there something that I can use to
simply
exclude the 0:00 from the formula entirely, unless they are filled out?
Here
is what I am talking about:

0:01
0:10
0:00
0:07
0:08
0:00
0:35
Average here (not totalling in the 0:00)

Perhaps modify your cell ranges as per
AVERAGE ignores empty cells. To exclude numeric 0:

=AVERAGE(IF(A3,A3,{""}),IF(D3,D3,{""}),IF(G3,G3,{" "}),IF(J3,J3,{""}))

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Averaging Times

Hi,

Try this. Format as time