-   -   Linked sheets not updating properly with dual monitors (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241625-linked-sheets-not-updating-properly-dual-monitors.html)

PrattBratt

Linked sheets not updating properly with dual monitors

I'm set up with a dual monitor system. With one spreadsheet open on one
monitor and another on the second monitor the linking functions do not
operate. I also can't create new links between the two. Everything works
fine if I have both open in the same screenwith split view. How do I, or can
I, correct for this??

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Linked sheets not updating properly with dual monitors

Hi,

Suppose that you are opening a different instance of Excel in each window,
the link from one open workbook is not to the other open workbook, but to the
saved copy. If you make a change in one instance of Excel you will need to
click Save, then switch to the other copy and update links.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire