-   -   Checking one cell, if number is a range then this (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241620-checking-one-cell-if-number-range-then.html)

jenn

Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

I need help entering a formula and have no idea how to do it. Thanks in
advance. I want to calculate how many batches of batter I need for baking
certain sized cakes.

I have one column that calculates the total cups of batter I need per pan
size. If that number is less than or equal to 7 I need it to display "1", if
it's 7.01 to 14 I need it to display "2", if it's 14.01 to 21 I need it
display "3'.

Please help! Thanks

Sean Timmons

Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

That's easy enough. :-)

=if(D2<=7,1,if(D7<=14,2,3))

"Jenn" wrote:

I need help entering a formula and have no idea how to do it. Thanks in
advance. I want to calculate how many batches of batter I need for baking
certain sized cakes.

I have one column that calculates the total cups of batter I need per pan
size. If that number is less than or equal to 7 I need it to display "1", if
it's 7.01 to 14 I need it to display "2", if it's 14.01 to 21 I need it
display "3'.

Please help! Thanks

Gary''s Student

Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

=1+MAX(INT((A1-0.01)/7),0)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902

"Jenn" wrote:

I need help entering a formula and have no idea how to do it. Thanks in
advance. I want to calculate how many batches of batter I need for baking
certain sized cakes.

I have one column that calculates the total cups of batter I need per pan
size. If that number is less than or equal to 7 I need it to display "1", if
it's 7.01 to 14 I need it to display "2", if it's 14.01 to 21 I need it
display "3'.

Please help! Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

I will assume that you don't really want to exclude data values between 7
and 7.01, or between 14 and 14.01.

Try =IF(A1<=7,1,IF(A1<=14,2,IF(A1<=21,3,"result undefined")))
You might also try =CEILING(A1/7,1)
or =ROUNDUP(A1/7,0)
--
David Biddulph

"Jenn" wrote in message
I need help entering a formula and have no idea how to do it. Thanks in
advance. I want to calculate how many batches of batter I need for baking
certain sized cakes.

I have one column that calculates the total cups of batter I need per pan
size. If that number is less than or equal to 7 I need it to display "1",
if
it's 7.01 to 14 I need it to display "2", if it's 14.01 to 21 I need it
display "3'.

Please help! Thanks

Teethless mama

Checking one cell, if number is a range then this

=CEILING(A1/7,1)