-   -   Naming Tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241619-naming-tabs.html)

Hutch

Naming Tabs

Does anyone know a way to automate the naming of worksheet tabs? For
example, I like to put download dates on my tabs. I'd like to reference a
tab name to a cell on the spreadsheet that contains the download date.

Jacob Skaria

Naming Tabs

Set the security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook
press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left treeview
search for the workbook name and click on + to expand it. Within that you
should see the following

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1(Sheet1)
Sheet2(Sheet2)
Sheet3(Sheet3)
This Workbook

Double click 'This WorkBook' and paste the below code to the right code pane.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Count = 1 And Target.Address = "$B$5" Then
If Trim(Target.Text) < "" And IsDate(Target.Text) Then
Sh.Name = Format(CDate(Target.Text), "dd-mmm-yyyy")

The code will look at entries made in cell B5 and if it is a date names the
worksheets accordingly

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria