-   -   entering data in a row and then tabbing to the next row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241549-entering-data-row-then-tabbing-next-row.html)

Paradisegems

entering data in a row and then tabbing to the next row

I am using Excel 2003. I would like to enter my data from A-L and then press
tab and be in the next row below to start entering data again. I have my
own company and am trying to enter customers contact info. It is
inconvenient for me to alway use my mouse to go back to the next row and I
know I have set this up before, but can not remember how I did it. Please
help.

kassie

entering data in a row and then tabbing to the next row

Unlock the cells you want to use, iowselect cols A:L, click on Format, Cells,
Protection, and untick Locked.
Protect your worksheet, and untick the option to select locked cells.
If you want to rather use <ENTER to move to the next cell, then click on
Tools, Options, select the Edit tab, and change Move selection after enter to
Right.
Once you press <ENTER, or then <TAB in Col L, you will move to col A in
the next row.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Paradisegems" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I would like to enter my data from A-L and then press
tab and be in the next row below to start entering data again. I have my
own company and am trying to enter customers contact info. It is
inconvenient for me to alway use my mouse to go back to the next row and I
know I have set this up before, but can not remember how I did it. Please
help.

Jacob Skaria

entering data in a row and then tabbing to the next row

Another way..which I use it for setting temporary navigation..

--Suppose you are in Row 10
--Select range A11:L20 (active cell would be A11)
--Start entering data and once at L11 it would return to next row ColA

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Paradisegems" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I would like to enter my data from A-L and then press
tab and be in the next row below to start entering data again. I have my
own company and am trying to enter customers contact info. It is
inconvenient for me to alway use my mouse to go back to the next row and I
know I have set this up before, but can not remember how I did it. Please
help.

Gord Dibben

entering data in a row and then tabbing to the next row

Tab your way across then when leaving L1 hit Enter key to drop to A2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP