-   -   Conditional Formatting Pivot Table Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241404-conditional-formatting-pivot-table-excel-2007-a.html)

MVarma

Conditional Formatting Pivot Table Excel 2007

How do I apply the 3 arrow icon set under conditional formatting to work on
the entire pivot table and show the dollar amount change from column to
column but apply to each row?

AFSSkier

Conditional Formatting Pivot Table Excel 2007

The key to Conditional Formatting Pivot Tables in 2007, is in the way you
select the range.

In a PT you cannot choose the range by dragging the mouse from $E5:$13 (for
example). You will lose the range as the PT grows & shrinks. You must
select the range by selecting [your field name] value as the range.

1. Select [your field name] value range you want CondFormated. By moving
the cursor to the top edge of your field header [your field name]. Left
click, when you should see the cursor change to an arrow.

2. Conditional Formatting, New Rule (Do not go directly to the "Data Bar"
selection)

3. All cells showing "[your field name]" values for "[segment]" (option3).
Note: If you don't select the for "[segment]" option, the Data Bar will be
included in any Sub or Grand Totals.

4. Format all cells based on their values, Format Style (dropdown): "Data
Bar", OK.

Hopefully this helps.
--
Kevin