Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why does Excel convert 63781403840072 to 6.37814E+13 & how prevent

I do a concentate on a number of cells and Excel comes up with a number like
63781403840072

it converts to 6.37814E+13

I have a quite a few numbers like this.

is there a quick way to convert back to the number without editing each one
and adding a ' in front?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format as number with zero decimal places.
Wouldn't work for more than 15 digits, of course, as Excel's numbers are
limited to 15 digits, but for your example, not a problem.
--
David Biddulph