Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy sheets

I clicked the tab of a sheet and then right clicked and chose 'Move or Copy'.
I checked the box of 'Create a copy' and clicked 'OK'. But nothing
happened.

The file has only 3 sheets total. Before, I accidently ran a macro to create
many sheets, but I deleted all of them with 3 sheets left.

I have never encountered such situation. This method has always worked
until today.

Thanks for help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
check that when you chec the box create a copy , the first line where it
says To Book, has the name of the worksheet you are using, otherwise you are
creating a copy in another workbook

"Scott" wrote:

I clicked the tab of a sheet and then right clicked and chose 'Move or Copy'.
I checked the box of 'Create a copy' and clicked 'OK'. But nothing
happened.

The file has only 3 sheets total. Before, I accidently ran a macro to create
many sheets, but I deleted all of them with 3 sheets left.

I have never encountered such situation. This method has always worked
until today.

Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the quick response.

I closed all other files. The first line of the 'Move or copy' box did point
to the same file I am using. It just didn't work.

"Scott" wrote:

I clicked the tab of a sheet and then right clicked and chose 'Move or Copy'.
I checked the box of 'Create a copy' and clicked 'OK'. But nothing
happened.

The file has only 3 sheets total. Before, I accidently ran a macro to create
many sheets, but I deleted all of them with 3 sheets left.

I have never encountered such situation. This method has always worked
until today.

Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Scott,
sorry for not being able to help you but make not sense at all, it should be
creating a copy, last resource I can think is right clikc in the mouse on
the tabs and see if there is any tab to be unhided

"Scott" wrote:

I clicked the tab of a sheet and then right clicked and chose 'Move or Copy'.
I checked the box of 'Create a copy' and clicked 'OK'. But nothing
happened.

The file has only 3 sheets total. Before, I accidently ran a macro to create
many sheets, but I deleted all of them with 3 sheets left.

I have never encountered such situation. This method has always worked
until today.

Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I closed and then reloaded the Excel Application, and reopened the file. It
worked. Just don't know why it happened that way.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Scott