-   -   MINIMUM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241209-minimum.html)

Pam M

MINIMUM

How can I conditional format for minimum if the cells are non adjacent?

A hidden B C hidden D E hidden F
keyed# formula entered# formula entered# formula

I then want to find the minimum of B, D, and F and highlight it yellow.

Luke M

MINIMUM

Selecting cell B2, format - conditional format.
change first box to: "formula is"
=B2=MIN($B2,$D2,$F2)

Set format to a yellow pattern.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Pam M" wrote:

How can I conditional format for minimum if the cells are non adjacent?

A hidden B C hidden D E hidden F
keyed# formula entered# formula entered# formula

I then want to find the minimum of B, D, and F and highlight it yellow.

Jacob Skaria

MINIMUM

1. Select columns B:F ..
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=AND(B1<"",B1=MIN($B1,$D1,$F1))

1 in the formula is the 1st row in the selection. Adjust to suit

4. Click Format ButtonPattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Pam M" wrote:

How can I conditional format for minimum if the cells are non adjacent?

A hidden B C hidden D E hidden F
keyed# formula entered# formula entered# formula

I then want to find the minimum of B, D, and F and highlight it yellow.

pogiman via OfficeKB.com

MINIMUM

Try this:

Using conditional formatting on Columns B, D and F, enter Cell Value is equal
to =MIN($B#,$D#,$F#)

Just replace the # with the row# then copy it down.

Hope this works.

Pam M wrote:
How can I conditional format for minimum if the cells are non adjacent?

A hidden B C hidden D E hidden F
keyed# formula entered# formula entered# formula

I then want to find the minimum of B, D, and F and highlight it yellow.

Pam M

MINIMUM

I was so close==forgot the =B2 part! Works perfect--thanks so much