-   -   sumproduct help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241208-sumproduct-help.html)

JeffZ88

sumproduct help

this formula works fine. however, I am now looking for a way to include the
entire columns ($G, $J, and $V), instead of just the short range, as the
source material so people can add rows to their heart's content, without
having to go back an change the formula. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!G2:G34="Claims")*('Tracking
Sheet - Detail Report'!J2:J34=C58)*('Tracking Sheet - Detail
Report'!V2:V34=1))

Jacob Skaria

sumproduct help

If you are using 2007; you can refer this as G:G instead of G2:G65535 but
this will not work in 2003...So better go with the below version...(which is
just 1 row less than the max number of rows in 2003)

=SUMPRODUCT(
('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!G2:G65535="Claims")*
('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!J2:J65535=C58)*
('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!V2:V65535=1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"JeffZ88" wrote:

this formula works fine. however, I am now looking for a way to include the
entire columns ($G, $J, and $V), instead of just the short range, as the
source material so people can add rows to their heart's content, without
having to go back an change the formula. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!G2:G34="Claims")*('Tracking
Sheet - Detail Report'!J2:J34=C58)*('Tracking Sheet - Detail
Report'!V2:V34=1))

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

sumproduct help

Hi,

You can reference entire columns using J:J type of references. Some
functions do not support these types of references before 2007. You might
also consider range names to make your formula simplier:

If you named column G -- G and column J -- J and V -- V you could
simplify the formula to

=SUMPRODUCT((G="Claims")*(J=C58)*(V=1))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JeffZ88" wrote:

this formula works fine. however, I am now looking for a way to include the
entire columns ($G, $J, and $V), instead of just the short range, as the
source material so people can add rows to their heart's content, without
having to go back an change the formula. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(('Tracking Sheet - Detail Report'!G2:G34="Claims")*('Tracking
Sheet - Detail Report'!J2:J34=C58)*('Tracking Sheet - Detail
Report'!V2:V34=1))

Don Guillett

sumproduct help

You REALLY do NOT want to do that. Instead use a dummy row and have
insertions above it or better yet, use defined names for your ranges
insertnamedefinename colG
in the refers to box
=offset($g$1,1,0,counta($a:$a),1)
look in the help index for OFFSET