-   -   Comparing the values in two cells, then counting how many differ (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241085-comparing-values-two-cells-then-counting-how-many-differ.html)

cgm02

Comparing the values in two cells, then counting how many differ

Any ideas on how I might compare two columns based on a conditional formula,
then count the number of occurences?
Col 1 - 0
Col 2 - 6
Number of rows in worksheet: 4000+

I'd like to be able to conditionally account for any value in col 1 that is
0 and has a positive number in col 2 (I don't need to report the number in
col 2). I'd then like to have a count for the number of times this condition
occured.

Thanks for any help!

Pete_UK

Comparing the values in two cells, then counting how many differ

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4000=0)*(B1:B40000))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 29, 2:01*am, cgm02 wrote:
Any ideas on how I might compare two columns based on a conditional formula,
then count the number of occurences?
Col 1 - 0
Col 2 - 6
Number of rows in worksheet: *4000+

I'd like to be able to conditionally account for any value in col 1 that is
0 and has a positive number in col 2 (I don't need to report the number in
col 2). *I'd then like to have a count for the number of times this condition
occured.

Thanks for any help!

T. Valko

Comparing the values in two cells, then counting how many differ

Assuming there are no empty cells in column 1 and no text entries in column
2.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4000=0),--(B1:B40000))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP