-   -   Matching two numeric values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240991-matching-two-numeric-values.html)

tipoo

Matching two numeric values

Hi,

I have two sheets. I want to show in sheet 2 column B values in sheet 2
column A that match from column E sheet 1 and if they do not exist in sheet 1
column E then say do not exist and that cell in red colour.

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
Column E Column A Column B
1233 4875
1355 5875
4875 1355

Thanks

pogiman via OfficeKB.com

Matching two numeric values

Assuming there are no duplicate records in Sheet 1 Column E, a simple IF and
COUNTIF may do.

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
Column E Column A Column B
1 1233 4875 =if(countif(Sht1!$E:$E,Sht2!A1)=0,
"record not found",Sht2!A1)
2 1355 5875 (Copy the formula downward)

Hope this helps.