-   -   Data Validation With Date Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240974-data-validation-date-range.html)

DShaver

Data Validation With Date Range

I have two cells for entering a date, "Start Date" and "End Date". I have
used Data Validation/Date to restrict both cells to only allow entry of
dates, and have also set "End Date" to be = start date to prevent a user
from entering an end date that is before the start date.

Is there a way to also restrict the "End Date" cell to only allow a user to
enter a value if there is a value in "Start Date"? Basically trying to force
the user to select the "Start Date" first.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

pogiman

Data Validation With Date Range

This might help

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86494

DShaver wrote:
I have two cells for entering a date, "Start Date" and "End Date". I have
used Data Validation/Date to restrict both cells to only allow entry of
dates, and have also set "End Date" to be = start date to prevent a user
from entering an end date that is before the start date.

Is there a way to also restrict the "End Date" cell to only allow a user to
enter a value if there is a value in "Start Date"? Basically trying to force
the user to select the "Start Date" first.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Teethless mama

Data Validation With Date Range

A2: Start Date, B2: End Date

Data Validation on B2: =AND(COUNT(A2:B2)=2,B2=A2)