-   -   ordering a column by incidence (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240932-ordering-column-incidence.html)

colensa

ordering a column by incidence

How can I order a column by the number of incidences of a value e.g. by the
number of times a name appears in that column, ordered by greatest to lowest.

I apologise in advance if this is facile, but it's got me!

Don Guillett

ordering a column by incidence

One way is to use
=countif(a:a,a2) and copy down. Then sort by that column

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel