-   -   Display text automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240930-display-text-automatically.html)

OKY

Display text automatically

I need to enter a text in A1 if i enter text in B1.
In other words, if I enter any text in B2 I want A1 to display "OPEN"

Thank you for your help.

Sean Timmons

Display text automatically

in A1:

=IF(istext(B1),"OPEN","")

"OKY" wrote:

I need to enter a text in A1 if i enter text in B1.
In other words, if I enter any text in B2 I want A1 to display "OPEN"

Thank you for your help.

Gord Dibben

Display text automatically

=IF(B1="","","OPEN")

I don't know how B2 got into the picture but maybe a typo?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:02:06 -0700, OKY
wrote:

I need to enter a text in A1 if i enter text in B1.
In other words, if I enter any text in B2 I want A1 to display "OPEN"

Thank you for your help.

Niek Otten

Display text automatically

If you really mean text and not numbers:

in A1:

=IF(ISTEXT(B1),"OPEN","")

But if you mean anything at all instead of just text:

=IF(B1="","","OPEN")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten