-   -   I can not create an external link between two Excel 2007 workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240929-i-can-not-create-external-link-between-two-excel-2007-workbooks.html)

Bill R

I can not create an external link between two Excel 2007 workbooks

Even by puttting the simplest = in the destination workbook cell then tabbing
over to the source workbook, i can not create the link. When in the source
workbook, there is no indication that I am attempting the link. It is if the
two are 100% completely separate and not linkable.

Can someone please help with what should be a very simple task?

Gord Dibben

I can not create an external link between two Excel 2007 workbooks

I would guess you have two instances of Excel running with a workbook open
in each instance.

Will not communicate.

Close one instance and open both workbooks in a single instance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP