-   -   CountIf Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240838-countif-formula.html)

Redi

CountIf Formula

Hi all,
i need your help with another formula

column a..column b... column c....column d
green..... banana... 1 5
orange... apple...... 2 3
blue...... apple..... 2 6
yellow... orange... 3 8
black.... orange... 3 4
white.... orange... 3 9
red..... rasbery... 4 6

In column e, where the formula will be, I'd like this condition: if
c1=c2 give me highest between d1:d2, if not give me d1

can anyone put something together for this one?

Sean Timmons

CountIf Formula

so, in E1 or E2:

=if(c1=c2,max(d1:d2),d1)