-   -   I need to do a calculation based on the values in two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240489-i-need-do-calculation-based-values-two-cells.html)

NakesGP

I need to do a calculation based on the values in two cells

Hi

I need help with Excel 2007

This is the sample data:

A1 B1 C1 D1
100 0 1
400 1 1
500 1 0
200 0 0

Scenario 1: If B1=0 And C1=1 then calculate D1 as a percentage of A1
Scenario 2: If B1=1 and C1=1 then D1=0
Scenario 3: If B1=1 And C1=0 then D1=0
Scenario 3: If both B1 and C1=0 then D1=0

NB: B AND C ARE ALWAYS EITHER 1 OR 0

How do i build the function to perform these calculations in column D
dependant on the values in B and C?

T. Valko

I need to do a calculation based on the values in two cells

calculate D1 as a percentage of A1

Not sure I understand. Do you mean express the value of A1 as a percentage?

=IF(AND(B1=0,C1=1),A1/100,0)

Format as Percentage

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NakesGP" wrote in message
Hi

I need help with Excel 2007

This is the sample data:

A1 B1 C1 D1
100 0 1
400 1 1
500 1 0
200 0 0

Scenario 1: If B1=0 And C1=1 then calculate D1 as a percentage of A1
Scenario 2: If B1=1 and C1=1 then D1=0
Scenario 3: If B1=1 And C1=0 then D1=0
Scenario 3: If both B1 and C1=0 then D1=0

NB: B AND C ARE ALWAYS EITHER 1 OR 0

How do i build the function to perform these calculations in column D
dependant on the values in B and C?

Gary''s Student

I need to do a calculation based on the values in two cells

Something like:

=IF(AND(B1=0,C1=1),0.4*A1,0)

where the .4 is actually your value.
--