-   -   Mirror Wildcard? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240444-mirror-wildcard.html)

thecdnmole

Mirror Wildcard?

I have empty cells, A1:A10, and in cells C1:C10 I have data. If A1 is
selected, I would like to be able to click on any cell in colum C and that
info then appears in A1. Then I will select A2, and again, click on any cell
in C1:C10 and that appears in A2 and so on. I do not want cells A1 etc. to
change once populated. This can be a macro as well. Thanks!

p45cal[_42_]

Mirror Wildcard?

I think it might have to be a macro!
Try this in the sheet's code module:Private Sub
Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Static lastcell As Range
If lastcell Is Nothing Then Set lastcell = ActiveCell
If Target.Count = 1 Then
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C1:C10")) Is Nothing And Not
Intersect(lastcell, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
lastcell.Value = Target.Value
End If
Set lastcell = Target
It worked here.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=127686

Per Jessen

Mirror Wildcard?

Hi

Maybe you could use a Validation list.

Select A1:A10 then goto Data Validation Allow: List Source:
=$C$1:$C$10 OK

Regards,
Per