ExcelBanter

-   -   How can I change the formula for multiple cells at once? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/240421-how-can-i-change-formula-multiple-cells-once.html)

marquisv2001 August 22nd 09 12:19 AM

How can I change the formula for multiple cells at once?

I am copying a sheet from one workbook to another
This sheet is filled with formulas
When i place it in the new location, the formulas are all in place, but they
make calculations based on the workbook they came from rather than the new one
I can make the needed adjustments and get the correct calculations in the
formulas, but i have to do this for each cell
There are 5040 cells
Is there a way to do multiple cells at one time?

Don Guillett August 22nd 09 12:37 AM

How can I change the formula for multiple cells at once?

editlinkschange source

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Squeaky August 24th 09 07:30 PM

How can I change the formula for multiple cells at once?

Another way is to go to HomeFind and SelectReplace...

Where you find the reference to the old spreadsheet between the [] brackets,
place all of that (including the [] brackets) into the FIND WHAT box, in the
REPLACE WITH box, place the new target. Select Replace All.

Squeaky

[email protected] April 3rd 19 07:34 PM

How can I change the formula for multiple cells at once?

There is no 'links' under edit

On Friday, August 21, 2009 at 8:37:30 PM UTC-3, Don Guillett wrote:
editlinkschange source

Tim Paine January 6th 21 11:17 AM

how can i change the formula for multiple cells at once in excel

Follow these steps below to change formula for multiple cells

Click the cell with the formula to select it.
Press Ctrl + C to copy the formula.
Select a cell or a range of cells where you want to paste the formula (to select non-adjacent ranges, press and hold the Ctrl key).
Press Ctrl + V to paste the formula.
Press Enter to complete the pasted formulas.

I hope this is helpful!
Admin
Apps4Rent