-   -   No plus or minus signs to left of subtotals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/239979-no-plus-minus-signs-left-subtotals.html)

Staceyglow

No plus or minus signs to left of subtotals

Lately, when I use the subtotal function, it does the subtotalling I want,
but I don't get the plus or minus signs on the left of the spreadsheet to
collapse or expand the data. I don't know if a setting accidentally got
changed or what. Can anyone help me?

Dave Peterson

No plus or minus signs to left of subtotals

In xl2003 menus, I'd check here first.

Tools|Options|View tab|check Outlining symbols.

--

Dave Peterson

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

No plus or minus signs to left of subtotals

Hi,

I think the short cut key is Ctrl+8

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP