-   -   Excel UPPER function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/239771-excel-upper-function.html)

Neil

Excel UPPER function

I have a workbook with multiple linked worksheets, where various cells are
linked to other worksheets.

One work sheet has a date of format xx-January-xxxx which transfers to other
worksheets within the workbook, but I wish to convert the date to upper case.
Using the upper function on the second worksheet, the date transfers OK, but
as numeric format.
I have tried setting cell formats, but the date always transfers as a
numeric value.

Any suggestions?

Thankyou

Pete_UK

Excel UPPER function

You could try this:

=UPPER(TEXT(A1,"dd-mmmm-yyyy"))

where A1 contains the date. Note that this will give you a text
result.

Hope this helps.

Pete