-   -   Splitting contents of column into 4 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/239471-splitting-contents-column-into-4-a.html)

Daphtg

Splitting contents of column into 4

I have a very large data base, the column containing addresses needs to have
the information split into 4 columns. Currently the address, Unit
number,Town/State, and Zip is in one column. I need to split the contents of
each of these 4 things into 4 separate columns. How do I do it??

Thanks so much in advance

JP Ronse

Splitting contents of column into 4

Hi,

Try with Data/Text to Columns.

Wkr,

JP

"Daphtg" wrote in message
I have a very large data base, the column containing addresses needs to
have
the information split into 4 columns. Currently the address, Unit
number,Town/State, and Zip is in one column. I need to split the contents
of
each of these 4 things into 4 separate columns. How do I do it??

Thanks so much in advance

Jacob Skaria

Splitting contents of column into 4

If you have a delimiter in between each field use Data'Text to Columns
'options

--Select the range/column needs to be changed. From menu DataText to
Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard'
--By default the selection is 'Delimited'.
--Keep the selection and hit 'Next'.
--From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options
Tab,Semicolon,Comma,Space,Other select your separator..
Specify in other and hit Next.
--Hit Finish

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Daphtg" wrote:

I have a very large data base, the column containing addresses needs to have
the information split into 4 columns. Currently the address, Unit
number,Town/State, and Zip is in one column. I need to split the contents of
each of these 4 things into 4 separate columns. How do I do it??

Thanks so much in advance

Excel Curious

Splitting contents of column into 4

Try using the text to columns feature.