-   -   Subtract entire sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23924-subtract-entire-sheet.html)

jennifer

Subtract entire sheet?

I have two sheets in the same format. Is there a quick way to subtract the
entire sheet one from the other or do I have to resort to just doing a
subtract formula and copying to relevant cells?

Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom

You want to subtract the total of one sheet from another?

=SUM(Sheet2!1:65536)-SUM(Sheet1!1:65536)

entered in a third sheet or else you would get circular reference errors

I doubt that is what you want though, maybe you could clarify?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"jennifer" wrote:

I have two sheets in the same format. Is there a quick way to subtract the
entire sheet one from the other or do I have to resort to just doing a
subtract formula and copying to relevant cells?

Thanks!

Vasant Nanavati

"jennifer" wrote in message
do I have to resort to just doing a
subtract formula and copying to relevant cells?

Yes.

In Sheet3!A1, enter Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1

Copy to suit.

--

Vasant

Duke Carey

Copy the pertinent range on the sheet you want to subtract. Move to
theother sheet and select the top left corner of the same range. From the
menu select EditPaste SpecialSubtract