-   -   Conditional Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/239019-conditional-format.html)

Jazz

Conditional Format

I need some help and direction. If Blue77 appears in any row in Column A, I
would like to change the format of that row columns A:K to color blue and
style bold. Here is what I am doing now.

Select range A2:K2
Format
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is
=$A$2=€¯Blue77€¯
Bold
Blue
Ok

It works for that row but I am not sure how to get it for all the rows with
the exception of row 1. Do you know?

Jacob Skaria

Conditional Format

Try without absolute row reference

=$A2=€¯Blue77€¯

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jazz" wrote:

I need some help and direction. If Blue77 appears in any row in Column A, I
would like to change the format of that row columns A:K to color blue and
style bold. Here is what I am doing now.

Select range A2:K2
Format
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is
=$A$2=€¯Blue77€¯
Bold
Blue
Ok

It works for that row but I am not sure how to get it for all the rows with
the exception of row 1. Do you know?

Jazz

Conditional Format

Thanks for the input. It works for the first row, but I am not able to apply
it to every row in Column A. Do you know how I could apply it to every row
in Column A?

"Jazz" wrote:

I need some help and direction. If Blue77 appears in any row in Column A, I
would like to change the format of that row columns A:K to color blue and
style bold. Here is what I am doing now.

Select range A2:K2
Format
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is
=$A$2=€¯Blue77€¯
Bold
Blue
Ok

It works for that row but I am not sure how to get it for all the rows with
the exception of row 1. Do you know?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Conditional Format

Hi,

Select the range, say A2:K1000 and choose
Format, Conditional Formatting, Formula is, and enter the suggested formula
=$A2=€¯Blue77€¯

If this does not work, you are not telling us all the details.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jazz" wrote:

I need some help and direction. If Blue77 appears in any row in Column A, I
would like to change the format of that row columns A:K to color blue and
style bold. Here is what I am doing now.

Select range A2:K2
Format
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is
=$A$2=€¯Blue77€¯
Bold
Blue
Ok

It works for that row but I am not sure how to get it for all the rows with
the exception of row 1. Do you know?

Jazz

Conditional Format

The problem is that I was not highlighting A2:K1000. That is what I left
out. Thank you for helping me clear that up.