-   -   Excel Office 2007 Password protect worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/239014-excel-office-2007-password-protect-worksheet.html)

Lori[_2_]

Excel Office 2007 Password protect worksheet

How do I password protect a worksheet where the reader cannot open unless
they have the password and once opened it is in "read only" mode.

Thanks!
--
Lori

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Excel Office 2007 Password protect worksheet

Office button / File Save As /
On the Save dialog, lower left corner there is a Tools button, press this
On the drop down menu, select General Options
This give a dialog where you set the password and the read-only option

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP