-   -   Sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238939-sum.html)

Fareez

Sum

hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Jacob Skaria

Sum

With formula you cannot..You will have to use a macro .

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Fareez" wrote:

hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Sum

Hi,

You could use the SUBTOTAL(109,range) formula. This formula will exclude
all rows:

1. which are manually hidden I.e. by Row Hide; or
2. which are concealed as a result of filtering

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Fareez" wrote in message
hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Charabeuh[_3_]

Sum

With the function subtotal,

example:

if your data are in A2:A100

Put into A1 the formula: =SUBTOTAL(109,A2:A100)

"Fareez" a écrit dans le message de
hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Jacob Skaria

Sum

Thanks Ashish. Havent tried the Function_num range 101-111

"Fareez" wrote in message
hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

T. Valko

Sum

The 100 series SUBTOTAL arguments are only available in Excel versions 2003
and later.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Fareez" wrote in message
hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Sum

You are welcome

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Fareez" wrote in message
hi
I have hidden some rows, when i sum rows. is there any way to sum only
visible rows. that is it shold not sum hidden rows
thanks

Jacob Skaria

Sum

Thanks Biff for the info..

Have worked with CELL() but again the function do no return the height....

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria