-   -   Exclude certain text from =COUNTA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238793-exclude-certain-text-%3Dcounta.html)

Alice M.

Exclude certain text from =COUNTA

Since I cannot figure out how to have =COUNTA exclude text in hidden rows,
how do I write a formula using =COUNTIF that would exclude any location
containing an asterisk?

RagDyeR

Exclude certain text from =COUNTA

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<*~**")
--
HTH,

RD

"Alice M." wrote in message
Since I cannot figure out how to have =COUNTA exclude text in hidden rows,
how do I write a formula using =COUNTIF that would exclude any location
containing an asterisk?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Exclude certain text from =COUNTA

Hi,