-   -   Cell formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238413-cell-formatting.html)

camp732

Cell formatting

I have this formula =MONTH(J8) in the cell but it is returning the # for the
month. How do I format it to return the month spelled out?

Glenn

Cell formatting

camp732 wrote:
I have this formula =MONTH(J8) in the cell but it is returning the # for the
month. How do I format it to return the month spelled out?

=TEXT(J8,"mmm")

=TEXT(J8,"mmmm")

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Cell formatting

Hi,

If you just want to see it as a month replace =MONTH(J8) with =J8
and then choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom, and enter MMMM on the
Type line.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire