-   -   Date Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238312-date-format.html)

Christopher Naveen[_2_]

Date Format

Hi,

I have extracted a data from a tool as xls, which contains dates with time
stamp but the dates are mixed in DD-MM-YY as well as MM-DD-YY in the same col.

How can i coenvert all the dates in that particular col to DD-MM-YY or
MM-DD-YY format. Can any one help me on this?

-CNS

Mike H

Date Format

Hi,

the dates are mixed in DD-MM-YY as well as MM-DD-YY in the same col

How would we with a formula decide what this date is?

06-07-2009

I think it's 6 July 2009 but there is an equally strong argument to make it
7 June 2009. I think you have a major problem!

Mike

"Christopher Naveen" wrote:

Hi,

I have extracted a data from a tool as xls, which contains dates with time
stamp but the dates are mixed in DD-MM-YY as well as MM-DD-YY in the same col.

How can i coenvert all the dates in that particular col to DD-MM-YY or
MM-DD-YY format. Can any one help me on this?

-CNS

Stefi

Date Format

If your dates are real Excel dates (numbers formatted as dates) and not text
strings, VBA can help:

If ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "dd-mm-yy" Then _
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm-dd-yy"

Apply it to the required range!

Regards,
Stefi