-   -   How to round down a value to the inferior multiple of 5 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238309-how-round-down-value-inferior-multiple-5-a.html)

jimmy

How to round down a value to the inferior multiple of 5

Hi,

Would like to know the formula to round down a set of values to their
inferior multiple of 5.
Exp:

VAlues Round pretendended value
$1256,00 $1255,00
$1349,00 $1345,00
$1599,00 $1595,00
$1614,00 $1614,00

Thank you for your help.

jimmy

Mike H

How to round down a value to the inferior multiple of 5

Hi,

Try this

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5

but I don't understand your last example, typo perhaps.

Mike

"jimmy" wrote:

Hi,

Would like to know the formula to round down a set of values to their
inferior multiple of 5.
Exp:

VAlues Round pretendended value
$1256,00 $1255,00
$1349,00 $1345,00
$1599,00 $1595,00
$1614,00 $1614,00

Thank you for your help.

jimmy

Mike H

How to round down a value to the inferior multiple of 5

OOPS,

My mistake you wanted to roound down, not to nearest. Try this

=FLOOR(A1,5)

Mike

"jimmy" wrote:

Hi,

Would like to know the formula to round down a set of values to their
inferior multiple of 5.
Exp:

VAlues Round pretendended value
$1256,00 $1255,00
$1349,00 $1345,00
$1599,00 $1595,00
$1614,00 $1614,00

Thank you for your help.

jimmy

jimmy

How to round down a value to the inferior multiple of 5

HEllo Mike,

Thank you...
It works.