-   -   How to calculate dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/238117-how-calculate-dates.html)

Pat

How to calculate dates

How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

Niek Otten

How to calculate dates

<includes weekends and holidays

I assume you mean exclude?

<The function will only calcuate weekdays

Which function?

Look in HELP for the WORKDAY() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pat" wrote in message
How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

Eduardo

How to calculate dates

Hi,
I assume your date is in cell A1

=WORKDAY(A1,60)

"Pat" wrote:

How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

Pat

How to calculate dates

No it has to include weekends and holidays. I'm using the workday function,
which excludes weekends and holidays, and I need to figure out dates that are
60 calendar days from the date of initiaton.

A1 B1
C1

today's date 60 (calendar days) = date project to be
completed

"Pat" wrote in message
How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

Eduardo

How to calculate dates

Hi Pat,
If it has to include weekends and Holidays just do

=A1+60

"Pat" wrote in message
How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

Pat

How to calculate dates

Eduardo, thank you. That was so simple, I almost feel embarassed.

"Pat" wrote in message
How would I calculate a project date 60 days from any given date that
includes weekends and holidays. The function will only calcuate weekdays.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How to calculate dates

If you want only weekdays, use the WORKDAY function.
If you want 60 days on, regardless of weekends and holidays, use =A1+60.
--
David Biddulph