-   -   if cell is blank then calculate how many days? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/237970-if-cell-blank-then-calculate-how-many-days.html)

Machel

if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

What would the formula in C column be if I want to know how many days from
the A column date to today - if the B column is blank?

A B C
Start Date Return to Work Date Out How Many Days?
06/29/2009
01/11/2009 02/02/2009

Thank you for your help!

Luke M

if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

=IF(B2="",TODAY()-A2,"")

If you want to limit this to workdays (Mon-Fri) try:
=IF(B2="",NETWORKDAYS(A2,TODAY())-1,"")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Machel" wrote:

What would the formula in C column be if I want to know how many days from
the A column date to today - if the B column is blank?

A B C
Start Date Return to Work Date Out How Many Days?
06/29/2009
01/11/2009 02/02/2009

Thank you for your help!

T. Valko

if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

Try this:

=IF(AND(COUNT(A1),B1=""),TODAY()-A1,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Machel" wrote in message
What would the formula in C column be if I want to know how many days from
the A column date to today - if the B column is blank?

A B C
Start Date Return to Work Date Out How Many Days?
06/29/2009
01/11/2009 02/02/2009

Thank you for your help!

Machel

if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

Thank you so much! that worked!
If we also want to know the number counting all the days (not just work
days), then I would remove the NETWORKDAYS portion?

"Machel" wrote:

What would the formula in C column be if I want to know how many days from
the A column date to today - if the B column is blank?

A B C
Start Date Return to Work Date Out How Many Days?
06/29/2009
01/11/2009 02/02/2009

Thank you for your help!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

Hi,

Here is another way to write it:

=IF(B2,"",TODAY()-A2)

Cheers,