-   -   hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/237937-hyperlink.html)

Angie G.[_2_]

hyperlink

I want to have a hyperlink in excel that when clicked will open up MS
outlook, with the email address in the address bar.

I have one column that will work on one workshee; but not sure why it won't
work on the 2nd worksheet.

Angie G.[_2_]

hyperlink

Can anyone tell me how to make a hyperlink in a cell, so when you click will
open in Microsoft Outlook, with the email address in the address field.

"Angie G." wrote:

I want to have a hyperlink in excel that when clicked will open up MS
outlook, with the email address in the address bar.

I have one column that will work on one workshee; but not sure why it won't
work on the 2nd worksheet.

Dave Peterson

hyperlink

Saved from a previous post:

With the email address in A1, the subject in A2 and the body in A3:

=HYPERLINK("Mailto:"&A1&"?subject="&A2&"&body="&A3 ,"click me")

If you don't have the body of the message, just leave that portion off:
=HYPERLINK("Mailto:"&A1&"?subject="&A2,"click me")

or even:
=HYPERLINK("Mailto:"&A1,"click me")

--

Dave Peterson