-   -   Conditional format stoplight based on worst color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/237627-conditional-format-stoplight-based-worst-color.html)

Morgimo

Conditional format stoplight based on worst color

Can you conditionally format based on a color? I want each row's stoplight
color (green, yellow, red) to change based on the worst color in that row.
All the colors in the row are conditionally formated and will change as dates
are entered or changed.

Gord Dibben

Conditional format stoplight based on worst color

How would Excel determine the "worst color"?

My wife hates red and I'm not too fond of most pastels.

Your preferences may differ.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:04:12 -0700, Morgimo
wrote:

Can you conditionally format based on a color? I want each row's stoplight
color (green, yellow, red) to change based on the worst color in that row.
All the colors in the row are conditionally formated and will change as dates
are entered or changed.

Morgimo

Conditional format stoplight based on worst color

Are you being sarcastic? The color value is part of my question.

wrote:

Can you conditionally format based on a color? I want each row's stoplight
color (green, yellow, red) to change based on the worst color in that row.
All the colors in the row are conditionally formated and will change as dates
are entered or changed.

Gord Dibben

Conditional format stoplight based on worst color

Certainly I'm being sarcastic.

You define "worst color" please.

Gord