-   -   solve quadratic equation system (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23760-solve-quadratic-equation-system.html)

Miguel

solve quadratic equation system

Hi,
I am trying to solve a system of 3 quadratic equations. I have to do this
calculation several times so I wonder if Excel can help me in anyway.
thanks

Bernie Deitrick

Miguel,

I can see how a system of 2 quadratic equations would be solved (subtract
one from the other, and set the result equal to 0, and simply use a modified
quadratic equation) but I fail to see how a system of 3 would be done, or
even what it would mean to "solve it". You can solve systems of 3 _linear_
equations using matrix formulas..... is that what you actually mean?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP