-   -   how do I transpose and paste a link in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23759-how-do-i-transpose-paste-link-excel.html)

JJJ

how do I transpose and paste a link in excel

When I transpose the paste link button greys out. Can I transpose and paste
the link somehow

arno

Hi JJJ,

When I transpose the paste link button greys out. Can I transpose and
paste the link somehow

No, this why it is greyed out.

You could write a formula with the OFFSET() function, however, this
will not be readable for humans, ie. you'll get a problem when
troubleshouting.

arno

Dave Peterson

You could try this:

Copy|paste special|paste link
(but in an out of the way location)

Then select those cells
edit|replace
what: =
with: $$$$$= (some unique string)
replace all.

Now those formulas are strings

Copy|paste special|transpose

select the range
edit|replace
what: $$$$$= (same string)
with: =
replace all

And clean up that out of the way helper range.

--

Dave Peterson

arno

Hi Dave,

coooool.

arno

Bernie Deitrick

JJJ,

I have written an add-in that adds a "Transpose Paste-Link" option to the
right-click menu. Contact me privately, and I will send it to you. Change
the dot to ., and take out the spaces.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP