-   -   Structured reference does not return correct value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/237359-structured-reference-does-not-return-correct-value.html)

vsoler

Structured reference does not return correct value

I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

A A2
1 3
5 7
Totals 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Structured reference does not return correct value

Does the range MyTable include the "10" in the total line? HTH Otto
"vsoler" wrote in message
I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

A A2
1 3
5 7
Totals 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

vsoler

Structured reference does not return correct value

On 19 jul, 16:01, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
Does the range MyTable include the "10" in the total line? * *HTH *Otto"vsoler" wrote in message

I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

* * * * * * * * *A * * * * * * A2
* * * * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * *3
* * * * * * * * *5 * * * * * * * *7
* * * * * * * * *Totals * * * 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

According to the help files, the last line of Totals is not part of
the #Data; if I wanted to include Totals I should use #All instead.

What I did is I created my table as:

A A2
1 3
5 7

Then I went to the menu and added the Totals row; this row is
absolutely not part of #data.

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Structured reference does not return correct value

I placed 1, 3, 5, 7 in 4 contiguous cells. In another cell, I typed =Max(
and selected the 4 cells and hit Enter. I got 7. The range that your Max
formula is working with has to include the 10 for the formula to result in
10. HTH Otto
wrote:
Does the range MyTable include the "10" in the total line? HTH
Otto"vsoler" wrote in message

I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

A A2
1 3
5 7
Totals 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

According to the help files, the last line of Totals is not part of
the #Data; if I wanted to include Totals I should use #All instead.

What I did is I created my table as:

A A2
1 3
5 7

Then I went to the menu and added the Totals row; this row is
absolutely not part of #data.

T. Valko

Structured reference does not return correct value

This works for me:

=Max(MyTable[Data])

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"vsoler" wrote in message
I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

A A2
1 3
5 7
Totals 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

Teethless mama

Structured reference does not return correct value

Why you need a formula? Just click the drop down button and select MAX
function in the Total row