-   -   How can I delete similar rows in excel workbook with many sheets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23671-how-can-i-delete-similar-rows-excel-workbook-many-sheets.html)

JSchrader

How can I delete similar rows in excel workbook with many sheets?

I have similar sheets within my workbook (same info) different clients. I
need to mass (globaly) edit the sheets taking out similar columns. Any help?

Duke Carey

Your subject says rows and your question says columns. This should work
either way, PROVIDED you are going to delete the same things in each sheet.

Right click on any sheet's tab and choose 'Select All Sheets.' Now, any row
or column you delete from the active sheet will be deleted FROM ALL SHEETS.

Be sure you have a backup copy, and remember to ungroup the sheets as sson
as you finish (I never remember to), otherwise you'll be making changes to
all the sheets you want to make only to one.